The Bane of My Knitting Experience

Well, not really. But the shawl that I'm knitting for my mom is slowly driving me insane. I went to the yarn store today to buy some more of the stuff that I'm using because 4 balls isn't even close to enough. Once there, I realized why I've been having such trouble with it.

The sample shawl that my mom had admired in the store was made out of yarn that came in 50g balls. The yarn that she choose for her shawl comes in 25g balls. So we now need twice the amount that we thought we did. (nb: the stuff she likes cost $12/ball, we need 6 balls, you can do the math)

In other news, I decided that I would like a shawl for myself. So, with the help of a couple of very nice and very knowledgable knitting pros, I picked out some 100% merino wool. Lanett Superwash, it's called. From Norway! (nb: this stuff costs $5.50/ball, I need 4 balls, see the difference??)

No comments: