Wizardry

Sometimes I wish I could just drop out of school and knit for the rest of my life. Those times are usually when there is a lot of school work and not enough time to knit. Those times are now.

The right colour of gold for the HP Scarf arrived on Monday and I've been working on the scarf during every spare moment. 8 sections are now complete and I've just started the 9th. I really like this yarn because it's easy to knit with, soft on the hands, and acrylic so I don't have to block it. But I've realized that I tend to change my tension while I knit. So now the beginning of the scarf is almost one centimenter wider than where I am now... and because I can't block, I can't fix it. Oh well, I doubt the recipient will even notice, although it's bugging the heck out of me right now. I was also worried that I would run out of yarn... but I'm almost at the end of the first skein of each colour and I think I might have just enough. Keep your fingers crossed!

Remember the original two skeins I ordered but turned out to be the wrong colour? I was going to send it back and get a refund... but after the last couple of days (with very cold weather), I decided I needed a new pair of mittens. And by gosh, the "wrong" colour matches the mohair skiens very well. So after I finish the ten bagillian projects in waiting, I will make myself a matching scarf and mitt set. I just hope it will still be winter by the time I get around to it.

No comments: