Wish I Could Win The Lottery

There was a fair at my school yesterday and a local yarn store had a booth set up. You don't understand how excited I was. I flipped out on my friend and went running over to the nice ladies oogling and touching everything!

I saw some Mano's for the first time and I realized why everyone is always ooo-ing and ahhh-ing over the stuff. Amazing colours and good texture. I guess I was most drawn by the fact that it's handspun and handdied by women's co-operative group. That made me want to buy the yarn just to help support them! But then I found out how much each skein was and that was the end of that. I'm a poor student that doesn't have enough money for that quality of yarn. Boo... I guess I'll have to go back to my acrylic stuff...

The yarn ladies were holding an impromptu knitting lesson in the middle of the student centre. It was really exciting to see a bunch of people sitting around a knitting (or learning how to knit) in the busist building on campus. I found some friends who were learning there and joined in with the teaching.

I've been convicted. I must start a knitting club on campus... now I just have to find the time.

No comments: