Pictures, Finally!

After the long delay, I finally have pictures to back up my claims of progress.

Here is the lovely Soleil blocking. I think the blocking has solved the curling crochet edge problem. What do you think? I've yet to try it on, so I don't know how it fits...




And here is the Toe-Up Sock. Doesn't it look retro? I'm not so fond of the patterning, actually. I find it kind of ugly. But no matters. It's a learning experience and besides, they're on my feet! Having completed the heel, I think I may like top down better than toe up. There's more variety. But maybe I'm bias.



And here is the Mission Falls skirt. This is a close up of the first inch or so including the eyelets where the icord drawstring will fit.



I'm basing the pattern off of The Skating Queen skirt from Knitty.com but minus the pleats.



I've also taken the plunge and bought a couple of beads from WalMart. (Shh... don't tell anyone. I actually LOVE WalMart.) And I'm getting my beading friend to teach me what to do with them. I also bought a kit to make a matching bracelet and necklace set out of wire. I'll show you a picture when I'm done.

Lastly, I've been scouring the Internet for cheap all inclusive vacations to Cuba. The plan is to head down the last week of August with my mummy. Anybody have advice for a trip to Cuba? Types of projects to bring? Is it too much to hope that Cuba has some special kind of yarn that I can splurge on?

No comments: