The Wave Effect

It always seems like things come in waves. Life is filled with crap and then all of a sudden, things take a turn for the better.

Two days ago, I finished the Multidirectional Scarf. (I guess I should call it the "Multidirectional Scarf #2", so as not to confuse it with "Multidirectional Scarf") I realized that while I liked the colour when it was still wound up in a skein. I didn't like it so much when it was knit up into a scarf. The colours are nice... they're just not "WOW!". It's a pity. Maybe I can find someone who would like to give the scarf a loving home... 'cuz it might find my home a little lacking. But we'll see. Maybe it'll grow on me.

I also finished the first Toe-Up sock yesterday. It's a tad tight around the heel and it's majorly ugly. Really retro looking, except in a bad way. The girls at work keep saying that it looks good. But come on now. They don't knit. They don't know the difference between a good-looking sock and a bad one. I've got a definite case of the second sock syndrome. WHY do I have to knit the second sock?! Especially since I've got Fleece Artist sock yarn waiting for me to knit it? I don't want to be a responsible knitter and give the UGLY SOCK an UGLY COMPANION. I want to indulge my wickedness and knit the Fleece Artist.

Yeah... sometimes I shame even myself. I'm gonna go now...

No comments: