Wanna See Worms?


Yes... that used to be Banff, remember that sweater I knit about a year ago? The sweater that was ten times too large for me? Well, I finally got around to frogging it. And instead of leaving it as a pile of worms I needed to figure out what to do with it...


I turned my swivel chair into a make-shift swift.


It works quite well, actually... although slightly too small... if only it made bigger loops like a real swift.


And because of the smaller than optimum loops, I get little lumps of yarn rather than hanks like I was supposed to. But better lumps of yarns than piles of worms, right?

So what is this stuff destined to become? To be honest, I have no idea.... I've been thinking about the Simply Marilyn sweater from Interweave Knits. The only questionable thing is whether the colour will work as well as it does in my head. The sweater doesn't really suit a tweedy type yarn, does it? So if this sweater doesn't make it on the needles, I'll probably made something similar. Perhaps a plain sweater with a cable running down the front? For some reason, I'm so set on knitting cables. I figure it's about time I learned how to do them.

Also on the needles...

Although, to be honest, I'm very bored with this. It's just a 1x1 rib that screams BORING! Yeah...


And this is how far I've gotten on the Snowdrop Shawl. I'm actually very facinated with this. I can't help but stop at the end of every row and admire my work! It's like, "wow... I'm knitting something that resemebles dental floss and it actually looks like the picture! Wow!" Yeah...


See? See the resemblance to the real thing? See? Yeah...

No comments: