To Wind Or Not To Wind?

Whoa... I just had one of those moments where I completely forgot how to spell a word. You know when you stare at a word for too long, it begins to look wrong? Yeah... "Wind" for some reason, just looked like a foreign mix of letters that made no sense to me. No worries, though. A quick trip to dictionary.com cleared up any insanit on my part.

Anyways, back to the post. I've been thinking seriously about getting ball winder. Since I don't have easy access to a local yarn store (mainly because I'm lazy), I tend to buy most of my yarn online. And usually this is fine if the yarn comes in skeins. However, if it comes in hanks (as was the case for the Alpaca Cloud and the Shimmer I bought a little while ago), then I have a problem.

Also, remember the sweater I'm frogging? Well, currently the frogged yarn is all sitting in hanks made by my pseudo swift (ie swivel chair) (Whoa... it happened again... who knew "swivel" was spelt "s-w-i-v-e-l"?). And how I'm going to knit from those hanks is beyond me. I am certainly not looking forward to winding them all by hand.

So I'm thinking the best solution to this problem of mine is just to invest in a ball winder... what do you think of this one? Frankly, it's the cheapest one I could find so it's at the top of my list. If anyone comes across a cheaper one, please let me know. At this point, I'm figuring that all ball winders are pretty much the same in quality and I need to save money. So yes, any help would be highly appreciated.

I was thinking of posting pictures of knitting... but since there has been a lack of knitting, there's nothing to take a picture of.. sorry.

No comments: