I Can Knit Socks Again!

A little while ago I developed an abhorrence for all things socks. It may have had something to do with the two socks that were both too small. And then I lost the will to continue knitting on tiny needles with tiny yarn to make something that was tiny... too tiny. I have also decided that I have big feet. Or fat feet. Either one will do.

I'm happy to announce that my anti-sock phase is now over!


Yes, that is the Fleece Artist sock yarn. No, the second sock is NOTHING like the first sock. With all my bad luck with sock sizing, I decided to play it safe and go back to a tried, tested and true pattern that I KNOW will fit. So what is the fate of the first Fleece Artist sock? To be ripped and reknit into a third sock that matches the second sock. I hope I don't get sick of socks again any time soon. Socks may be the bane of my knitting experience. That won't be pretty.

And since I thought that my scarf collection wasn't quite big enough, I've finished another one to add to it.


Just a simple 1x1 ribbing that sometimes drove me insane. But I got through it and did something I never thought I would do.


I fringed. Liberally. And did funky knotty things. I'm rather proud of myself.

And lastly, but certainly not leastly (yes, I know that that isn't a word)... Simply Marilyn


Done and blocked over Thanksgiving Weekend up in the Great White North (which isn't white at all yet, thank god). I still have lots of yarn left over and am contemplating what to make. I've been eyeing those shrugs everyone's wearing... they seem like the perfect fall adaptation to summer tops... hum...

No comments: