I Have Forgotten How To Knit

After a couple of days away from knitting (due to an unfortunately misplacement of a double pointed needle) I have honestly forgotten how to knit. There I was, staring at the Tiger stripped sock, not really sure what I was looking at. Multi-coloured string with some pointy sticks and I had absolutely no idea what to do with it.

Which hand does the work start in?
How does the needle go into the first stitch?
Should the working yarn be in front or behind the needle?
Which is the right side and which is the wrong side?

What in the world am I doing?!?!?!

After staring at the thing for a couple of minutes and quite a few false starts, I finally figured out how to knit again.

No pictures, sorry. The cord for my camera has gone missing. I hope I don't forget how to use it when it reappears.

No comments: