Update!

Sorry about the lack of posts in the past couple of days. I was busy in Toronto with work training and wasn't able to upload pictures until today. So, it's time for an update!

Here are the Coral Socks. Or rather... sock. Since the photo shoot, I have started decreasing for the toe and should be ready to graft it together soon. I never know when to start decreasing. On the last pair of socks I knit, I must have ripped out the toe 10 times before getting it right. Sometimes I decrease too early and the sock is too small... sometimes too late and the socks is too large. Really, isn't there a hard and fast rule about stuff like this?




And my foot is 9.5 inches long! I'm only size 8, but I held up 9.5 inches on my measuring tape and it is freakin' long! Who knew feet were such massive things?!

Here is my progress on Shrug?. Sorry about the shrunched-up-ness of the thing... its hard to see what it actually looks like without spreading it out. I've lenghtened the sleeves so they are 3/4 instead of short. I'm really liking the pattern so far and the yarn, too. Except for one little detail. There seems to be a flim on the yarn so my hands feel all greasy after I knit with it. I'm wondering if that phenomenon is specific to Stop Mohair or if it's common to all mohair. I knit a couple of scarves with other brands of mohair before and I don't remember having this feeling. Weird....



My second April Stashbusters project! Ribby Tank is done! It's very warm. Probably because it's knit with two strands of yarn. That would be the obvious explanation. But then my arms are left rather cold. Oh well. You can't win them all! It also makes me look rather chunky. Which is not that great. But I still like it. (The tank... not the chunkiness. Who likes chunkiness?)



So while I was in Toronto, I HAD to go visit some of the yarn stores I'm constantly hearing about (or reading about) on the GTA Knitters Blog ring. So I walked for a really long time (probably an hour in total) to visit Lettuce Knit in Kensington Market. I met Laura, whose wonderful blog I read religiously. While I was at Lettuce Knit, I HAD to get some yarn. So I got this... can you tell what it is?



It's Noro Kureyon!



That's all for now, folks!

No comments: