You Like Me! You Really Like Me!

Okay, sorry. That title sounds kinda creepy... I just couldn't think of anything better. I will explain the significance in a little bit. First off, pictures!

Here is the progress on the second Coral Sock. Looks a lot like the first one, eh? Who knew?




And here is the half-finished-waiting-for-more-yarn Shrug? I have no yet gotten around to calling the yarn store to see if they have of the same dye lot left over. I tend to procrastinate a lot. I'm a procrastinator. The annoying thing with this Shrug? is that it looks almost done. The collar should be a little longer (ie. the top ruffly part), but I can live with a less ruffly collar. The problem? There isn't enough yarn to sew up the sides. Yes, this is quite a problem.



And lastly (picture-wise), the Multidirectional Scarf knit with the wonderful Noro. It's pretty, isn't it? I know this is said a lot, but I'll say it again: I LOVE THE COLOUR! It's just fabulous. Something I don't love, though, is the huge variation in the thickness of the yarn. Sometimes it's sock weight thin; sometimes it's chuncky weigh thick. It's starting to annoy me a bit.



Okay, so to explain the title... I was tagged by Icord over at KnotInMyThread to complete a meme. It's the first time I've been tagged! At first I read her post and thought to myself, "Oh look. There's another knit blogger that has the same name as me. Oh look. She even named her blog the same as mine! Oh wait. That's me!"

So without further a due... 10 things I like:

1. Music... I love to sing and play the piano and the guitar. I am a music junkie.

2. Metal needles... they just make things go so much faster! And trust me, at the rate I knit, I need all the help I can get!

3. My Mac Mini... Honestly. In. Love. With. This. Computer. (and I hate computers) Plus, it's pretty!

4. Alias... so addicted to this show. It's the best thing around. You should watch it!

5. Reading... I'm on a 10 book challenge for the summer. Read 10 books in 4 months. I also want to start my own library

6. Spring flowers... any flower that comes under my care will surely suffer a pre-mature death. But I love the beauty of spring flowers sprouting from the ground.

7. Thunder storms... as I sit by a fireplace with hot tea, listening.

8. Writing... I always dream that I am a writer. But when I'm honest with myself, I don't have the words to properly describe anything.

9. My parents... I often complain about them. But really, I love them.

10. Knitting... ask anyone who knows me. One of the first things people learn about me is that I'm a knitting fanatic.

5 things I may or may not have done and would like to learn or try again:

1. Learn how to be read and write Mandarin. I have spent many years trying to learn this language with no luck.

2. Travel to a foreign country. Anywhere other than Canada, the United States, and Taiwan.

3. Act. I sometimes have fantasies of being an actor. Sometimes I'd like to see if those fantasies can become reality.

4. Work in a Third World country. We do way too much talking over here. We should take what we say and act on it.

5. Go bungee jumping. Enough said.

I tag Laura at cosmicpluto knits! and Aven at Is It A Sweater Yet?. Feel free to ignore the tagging!

No comments: