Randomness

Last night, I sat down in front of the TV, turned on Canadian Idol and made stitch markers.

The stitch markers are done and I think they look pretty cool, although I have to say that my beading skills can DEFINITELY improve. Yes, lots of room for improvement. Since my camera is still be de-sanded, I will take pictures of them at the earliest possible time... you might be waiting a while.

I've been debating what I should do with these Toe-Up socks. Since I really don't like the colourway of the yarn, I was thinking that I should try to knit and entire sock with one skein. That means making it really high... that way I won't have any ugly yarn left over. At the same time, I really don't want to keep knitting these for longer than I have to... ahhh!! Dilemma.

Two days ago, my co-worker's father passed away. He was in his late 40's and his death was very sudden and unexpected. Apparently, he sat down to lunch while at work and just fell over. I remember talking to my co-worker that day before she had found out and life seemed so normal. She had just gotten married a year ago, her sister had a son at about the same time, and everything was going so well. Then without any notice someone she loved was taken from her. I haven't spoken to her since it happened, but I really wouldn't know what to say if I saw her. What words are adequate for such a time?

I've been wondering if there is something I can give her to help through this time. The office is putting together a small plant and a card for her, but I feel like this is so insignificant compared to her loss.

Whenever tragic things happen, I am always reminded of the fraility of life. Go hug someone you love and make sure they know you love them. You never know when it will be your last opportunity.

No comments: