Update #4

My office at work is FREEZING. And although it is in the middle of the building and my co-worker and I have a little portable heater in there, it's still FREEZING. Probably because it's also conveniently right next to an outside door that gets opened a lot. (Yes... I know that's a confusing description. No worries. The important thing to know is that it's FREEZING. Capital letters.)

Anyways, since I need to type and move a mouse and write, it's a little difficult to do my job with mitts on. So I made up some fingerless mitts from scrap yarn. (Notice a trend? I'm using up scrap yarn 'cuz I'm poor and I can't afford to buy shiney new stuff. By the way, it's Bernat Satin something. Cheap acrylic, but still very soft.)


The pattern is a blend of numbers from the Stitch 'n' Bitch book and Interweave's editor's mitts thing and some fudging on my part. So while it was a quick knit, I had to rip it out several times to get it right. It's still not perfect, but I can live with it. See how the thumb attaches to the hand in a strange way? The hand gets pulled a little... strange. But I couldn't figure out how to make it stop, and since it still works.... meh, oh well.


I have made the other hand, but I still need to rip it out and change a couple things for the two to match up. And since I needed one hand to hold the camera, I decided not to show the unfinished one... good plan, eh?

Stay tuned... more to come tomorrow!

No comments: