Update #6

I've had Peruvian Baby Silk from Elann sitting in my stash for a while and I couldn't figure out what to make with it. Frankly, I still can't. I thought I'd make a short sleeved t-shirt, but the pattern lost it's appeal and I ripped. Now, I've cast on for a shrug using ideas and numbers from here and here while fudging the rest.


Since the photo was taken, I've started raglan decreases. But it's not really growing on me either... I keep thinking it'll be too small. And it probably will be... argh. Maybe I should just rip it? The gauge is much more suited to lace and shawl type projects... maybe I should try for a small shawl? Hum... such a dilemma! This is what happens when I buy yarn on impulse... I end up agonizing over what to make it into. It's really stressful!

The other day, my friend and I made our way to Michael's. There was supposed to be a sale... but I didn't see anything interesting (and cheap!) enough to buy. I did find this though...


(Sorry... really bad picture that doesn't show the important part... she's got mitts on her hands that are still attached to a ball of yarn sitting in her left hand. There are needles sticking out of the ball.)

For only $1!! Totally snatched it up and glared at anyone who would have thought to take it away from me... too bad no one really cared, it might of made an interesting scene. Oh well.

Anyways, I don't usually DO cards... so now I don't know what to do with the pack of 8. Do I send them to friends, even if they don't knit? Will they appreciate the meaning? Or should they be reserved only for knitters? Hum...

No comments: