School Just Gets In The Way

If only school didn't get in the way of knitting. It's not like education is important or anything... sheesh...

Okay, update on the goings on of my knitting life.

This is done! At least the knitting part is, anyways. It's a little scrunched up at the moment, but hopefully a good blocking will fix that. Note that the stripping of colours remained fairly consistent throughout. All without manipulation on my part either. Very nicely done. And notice that the size is good. (Not that you can tell from the picture. But take my word for it, it's a good size.) Rather proud of this one, if I do say so myself. Now I just have to will myself to block... hum...


Greeny socks are sure taking a long time to knit. I suspect it's that wonderful (but rather time consuming) seashell pattern. I'm not complaining though. It's beautiful and I love it.


The one thing I thought I had conquered, but obviously haven't... laddering between the needles. I don't know why, I just can't make it go away. I pull yarn tight, I tug at the neighbouring stitches. Everything that USED TO work, has now failed me. It's like the yarn is purposely trying to foil my attempts at perfection. Or it's like bacteria that grows immune to antibaterials. Gotta find a new drug...


And lastly, I've been commission to knit a big red scarf for a play happening at my school. (Play as in dramatic production.) It's big. It's red. It's 100% acrylic. It's killing my hands. The only upside? I get complementary tickets and I'm practicing my continental knitting. (Okay, I guess that's two upsides.)


A question for anyone who regularly knits continental-style. Does it hurt your left hand? I find after a while my pinky gets really sore from holding the needle and adjusting the tension on the yarn at the same time. And right at this moment, my left thumb is killing me. I don't know if it's actually related to knitting continental... but I'm gonna blame it on the knitting anyways.

Lately, I've been craving a large, cabled cardigan to pull on when it gets chilly. Hum... large, cabled cardigan...

No comments: